Without wishing to browbeat anybody, this is your group and the more you participate, the stronger the group will be. We need people to get involved in all aspects of the running of the group. If you would like to be on the committee or stand for office, then please let us know (again you need to join as a member). We’d be delighted have you on board. Also, just about every area of HAG activity needs people to step up and support. This includes not just acting but all the back-stage aspects such as set building, sound and light, costumes, stage management, front of house and the bar. Our group succeeds or fails on the degree to which people are willing to get involved.
So we very much encourage you to put this date in your diary, come along, have a good time and hear about all opportunities HAG has to offer.
The formal bit follows…
The Annual General Meeting of the private charitable company Hartley Arts Group will take place on Tuesday, 13th June 2017 at 8 pm, in the Jubilee Hall, West Green Road, Hartley Wintney. Guidelines on who is eligible to attend this meeting are enclosed with this mailing,
All members are urged to attend. In the event that members are unable to attend they may appoint a proxy under Section 324 of the Companies Act, 2006 and in accordance with Article 19 of the Articles of Association. The Form is attached with this mailing.
The meeting will take Resolutions for changes to the Articles of Association and the Rules. Members can also submit resolutions in writing to the Company Secretary not less than 14 days before the General Meeting. The Company Articles and Rules are also now attached to this email.
1) Apologies for Absence
2) Minutes of the EGM of HAGCo held on 8th March 2017 (Approval)
3) Changes to the Articles of Association of HAGCo (attached).
4) Changes to the Rules for HAG Co.(attached)
5) Directors/Trustees Annual Report for 2016 (Presented by the Chairman, Approval) and a statement of future plans as envisaged by the Directors.
6) Accounts for Year Ending 31 March 2016 (Presented by the Company Secretary to include Report and Independent Examiners’ comments, approval of Accounts)
7) Election of Officers
8) Election of other Directors
9) Election of Independent Examiner
10) Members Subscription Level for year commencing 1 April 2018
It is proposed that the Subscription Level be retained at £35 per member.
11) Any Other Business
Wed 19th April 8-10pm, Edward Hall, Hartley Wintney Don’t forget to put this date in your calendar now. We would like to see as many of you as possible. Old friends and new ones too – all welcome. Outside Edge and Northanger Abbey are the 2 plays shortlisted for our October production. Which one will it be?? Come along to help us decide!
Coming? Click Here!
Thank you to everyone who voted. It was a very close finish and so we will be reading excerpts from the 2 most popular plays as voted for by you.
OUTSIDE EDGE by Richard Harris and NORTHANGER ABBEY by Jane Austen, adapted by Matthew Francis.
Put the date in your diary now – Wed 19th April 8pm. Edward Hall, Hartley Wintney.
Please come along and help us to decide which one will be our October production. Whether you want to act, direct, design set, paint set, operate sound or lighting, make costumes, collect props, help front of house or stage manage – WE NEED ALL OF YOU.
EVERYONE WELCOME – members and non members alike.
Committee members will be there to answer any questions you have about your membership/ how to join/ how to renew or indeed anything else you can think of! So let’s get together and have some fun!
MAKE YOUR MEMBERSHIP MATTER.
This year Hartley Arts Group (HAG) is making 3 simple changes to the membership process to allow EVERYONE to join in the fun.
- We are making membership accessible to EVERYONE by introducing Associate Membership with no up front membership fees.
- We are encouraging EVERYONE that participates in any HAG activity to become a member. So, if you attend HAG Rocks!, HAG Young Stars or HAG (including any support activity such as front of house, costume making or set building etc), then we invite you to join as either a Full Member or an Associate Member.
- We have introduced online sign-up which is very quick and easy. Just click on the link below to join NOW:
Being a member of HAG has many benefits:
- It keeps you up to date with all HAG activities (HAG Rocks, HAG Young Stars and HAG).
- Your own member’s login allows you to keep your membership and personal information up to date and to contact other members.
- The Welcome Pack you receive will give you an overview of all the activities that take place (there are lots of them!).
- It allows HAG to better protect everyone engaged in HAG activities.
- It allows HAG to keep your personal data safe and secure.
Join in the fun for free – CLICK HERE NOW
Your opinion matters to us, so please find below a link to a very short survey (2 questions), asking for your rating of the committee’s proposals for our October production.Please click on the link to complete the survey before Friday 10th March.Thank you for your time and your opinions.
First rehearsal for our next production, STEEL MAGNOLIAS, began with a round-table read through of the script. The cast assembled for this production are (clockwise from top left): Annelle (Julie MacDonald), Claire (Margot Konitzer), Truvy (Helen Lewis), Ouiser (Gill Richardson), Shelby (Cat Brazier) and (not shown) M’Lynn (Jo Long). Tickets are available now: www.ticketsource.co.uk/hag
In May we proudly present the comedy-drama by Robert Harling, STEEL MAGNOLIAS.
STEEL MAGNOLIAS is a very funny, often touching and ultimately heart-breaking story about six women who assemble on a weekly basis to primp themselves up, dine on the latest gossip and talk about the men in their lives.
Truvy, a feisty, electric personality owns a beauty shop in Louisiana. It’s from here that the daily comedies and tragedies of her clients is played out. Shelby is a diabetic and getting married to a rich southern hunk of a lawyer. Her mother M’Lynn is bossy, but caring. M’Lynn’s friends include a cast of colourful and dynamic southern women of a multitude of ages and views. Through the views of these different women we see love, apathy, pain, loss, secrecy and a desperate attempt at living a life of happiness. Dreams built and burnt, the power of hope, the love between a mother and her child and the bond that can be so unbreakable between true friends. Their strengths will be sorely tried, their wit often stretched thin and their hearts broken.
A play for all times but especially relevant these days when we live in an era when “nasty woman” is a political rallying cry. The bond between women in Harling’s play is never better.
May 12, 13, 18, 19, 20 at 7:45pm at The Victoria Hall, Hartley Wintney.
Tickets are £16 and include a fish & chips meal. Licensed bar. www.ticketsource.co.uk/hag
Enjoy an evening at our murder mystery, Who Killed the Mad Scientist: www.ticketsource.co.uk/hag
New Term starts on Tuesday 24th January 2017; 4.30pm to 6.00pm; Victoria Hall, Hartley Wintney. £2.00 per week. Drinks and biscuits included. First Trial session free. Ages 6 to 16 years all welcome. For further details, please contact Helen Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org