Don’t forget to buy tickets for our Summer Music Extravaganza in aid of Frimley Park Hospital Stroke Appeal (just £10). A brilliant and packed evening’s musical entertainment is in store. Swing your pants and do good at the same time! 7:45pm Friday 21st July. www.ticketsource.co.uk/hag
OUTSIDE EDGE AUDITIONS
The most important team selection of the year takes place on Thursday 6th July at 8pm in the Jubilee Hall.
We have a brand new director to HAG and we want him be bowled over by the number of auditionees!
Nothing to prepare – just sign in on arrival. Open to members and non-members.
Put the date in your diary now to ensure you don’t get caught out!
If you can’t audition on the 6th but would like to be considered for a part, please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org
Even if you do not intend to audition, we need to fill many production roles back stage including set design and construction, props, sound and lighting and front of house. This will be a fun production for cast, crew and audience alike! Make sure your name is on the team list!
- Roger: M (40-50s) Team organiser married to Miriam
- Miriam: F (40-50s) Puts up with Roger’s uncaring attitude. She is the real organiser
- Kevin: M (30-40s) Team spin bowler friend of Roger, often behaves like a sulking child. Married to Maggie
- Maggie: F (30-40s) Kevin’s wife who adores him and DIY instead of domestic chores
- Bob: M (40-50s) Married to Ginnie, but spends a lot of time with his ex-wife
- Ginnie: (30-40s) Long suffering second wife to Bob
- Dennis: M (40-50s) Carpet salesman, fancies himself as a ladies man
- Sharon: (20s) Alex’s girlfriend, shy, feels out of place at the cricket
- Alex: M (30s) The only unmarried team member and the best batsman. Private education, now a lawyer
Further details of the play, a synopsis and character descriptions are attached.
Tickets are now on sale for a Summer Music Extravaganza in aid of Frimley Park Hospital Stroke Appeal (just £10). A brilliant and packed evening’s musical entertainment is in store. Swing your pants and do good at the same time! www.ticketsource.co.uk/hag
Without wishing to browbeat anybody, this is your group and the more you participate, the stronger the group will be. We need people to get involved in all aspects of the running of the group. If you would like to be on the committee or stand for office, then please let us know (again you need to join as a member). We’d be delighted have you on board. Also, just about every area of HAG activity needs people to step up and support. This includes not just acting but all the back-stage aspects such as set building, sound and light, costumes, stage management, front of house and the bar. Our group succeeds or fails on the degree to which people are willing to get involved.
So we very much encourage you to put this date in your diary, come along, have a good time and hear about all opportunities HAG has to offer.
The formal bit follows…
The Annual General Meeting of the private charitable company Hartley Arts Group will take place on Tuesday, 13th June 2017 at 8 pm, in the Jubilee Hall, West Green Road, Hartley Wintney. Guidelines on who is eligible to attend this meeting are enclosed with this mailing,
All members are urged to attend. In the event that members are unable to attend they may appoint a proxy under Section 324 of the Companies Act, 2006 and in accordance with Article 19 of the Articles of Association. The Form is attached with this mailing.
The meeting will take Resolutions for changes to the Articles of Association and the Rules. Members can also submit resolutions in writing to the Company Secretary not less than 14 days before the General Meeting. The Company Articles and Rules are also now attached to this email.
1) Apologies for Absence
2) Minutes of the EGM of HAGCo held on 8th March 2017 (Approval)
3) Changes to the Articles of Association of HAGCo (attached).
4) Changes to the Rules for HAG Co.(attached)
5) Directors/Trustees Annual Report for 2016 (Presented by the Chairman, Approval) and a statement of future plans as envisaged by the Directors.
6) Accounts for Year Ending 31 March 2016 (Presented by the Company Secretary to include Report and Independent Examiners’ comments, approval of Accounts)
7) Election of Officers
8) Election of other Directors
9) Election of Independent Examiner
10) Members Subscription Level for year commencing 1 April 2018
It is proposed that the Subscription Level be retained at £35 per member.
11) Any Other Business
Wed 19th April 8-10pm, Edward Hall, Hartley Wintney Don’t forget to put this date in your calendar now. We would like to see as many of you as possible. Old friends and new ones too – all welcome. Outside Edge and Northanger Abbey are the 2 plays shortlisted for our October production. Which one will it be?? Come along to help us decide!
Coming? Click Here!
Thank you to everyone who voted. It was a very close finish and so we will be reading excerpts from the 2 most popular plays as voted for by you.
OUTSIDE EDGE by Richard Harris and NORTHANGER ABBEY by Jane Austen, adapted by Matthew Francis.
Put the date in your diary now – Wed 19th April 8pm. Edward Hall, Hartley Wintney.
Please come along and help us to decide which one will be our October production. Whether you want to act, direct, design set, paint set, operate sound or lighting, make costumes, collect props, help front of house or stage manage – WE NEED ALL OF YOU.
EVERYONE WELCOME – members and non members alike.
Committee members will be there to answer any questions you have about your membership/ how to join/ how to renew or indeed anything else you can think of! So let’s get together and have some fun!
MAKE YOUR MEMBERSHIP MATTER.
This year Hartley Arts Group (HAG) is making 3 simple changes to the membership process to allow EVERYONE to join in the fun.
- We are making membership accessible to EVERYONE by introducing Associate Membership with no up front membership fees.
- We are encouraging EVERYONE that participates in any HAG activity to become a member. So, if you attend HAG Rocks!, HAG Young Stars or HAG (including any support activity such as front of house, costume making or set building etc), then we invite you to join as either a Full Member or an Associate Member.
- We have introduced online sign-up which is very quick and easy. Just click on the link below to join NOW:
Being a member of HAG has many benefits:
- It keeps you up to date with all HAG activities (HAG Rocks, HAG Young Stars and HAG).
- Your own member’s login allows you to keep your membership and personal information up to date and to contact other members.
- The Welcome Pack you receive will give you an overview of all the activities that take place (there are lots of them!).
- It allows HAG to better protect everyone engaged in HAG activities.
- It allows HAG to keep your personal data safe and secure.
Join in the fun for free – CLICK HERE NOW
Your opinion matters to us, so please find below a link to a very short survey (2 questions), asking for your rating of the committee’s proposals for our October production.Please click on the link to complete the survey before Friday 10th March.Thank you for your time and your opinions.
First rehearsal for our next production, STEEL MAGNOLIAS, began with a round-table read through of the script. The cast assembled for this production are (clockwise from top left): Annelle (Julie MacDonald), Claire (Margot Konitzer), Truvy (Helen Lewis), Ouiser (Gill Richardson), Shelby (Cat Brazier) and (not shown) M’Lynn (Jo Long). Tickets are available now: www.ticketsource.co.uk/hag